Friday, December 4, 2009

Product Review: GT's Multi-Green Kombucha




I will preface this review by stating that I adore and gulp down and love GT's organic raw "Gingerade" kombucha. It might cost $4, but it is divine: spicy, tingly & yummy (what more could you want in a drink?).

However. This "Multi-Green" kombucha is an entirely different story.

Here's a product that does not spread holiday cheer.

It is the dregs from the murkiest swap.

It is the slimy stuff from the bottom of the refrigerator.

It is the crud you need to wipe off your shoes after you walk through the forest in the rain.

It is the weird goo hanging from the tip of your dog's nose after she dives into the lagoon and comes back panting excitedly reeking of frog and fish.

Yes. It's that bad.

Skip the Multi-Green and march straight over to the Gingerade. Mmmmm, good.

To read more about the fermented tea called kombucha (kom BOO cha) you can check out the Wikipedia info. The bravest of us might even try to make some ourselves.

2 comments:

Organic Remedies December 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Hi all

I am one of the brave one who make kombucha at home =) I've found buying kombucha from my local health food store to be a bit expinsive. I now do it myself. Try http://getkombucha.com
Good place to start. lots of info and kombucha cultures as well.

Thomasin December 5, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Ron, I'm impressed--I've heard that a homebrew is touchy. But I'll check it out. Thanks for stopping by!

~Thomasin

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP