Sunday, April 10, 2011

Morning Meditations

I'm sitting down to my newest rediscovered-from-childhood favorite beverage: a steaming hot cup of milk and molasses. Not quite the same as a cup of coffee, but definitely better for me whilst pregnant, and somehow much more satisfying than any cup of coffee could ever be (I'm a poser coffee drinker anyway, who drinks the bean juice more for the sugary creamer than the coffee itself. Mmmmm, creamer).



Skeptical? Try it yourself and just taste the delicious, iron- and calcium-rich goodness:

  • Microwave a cold mug of milk for about a minute (in my oven it takes a minute, 23 seconds). 
  • Add one to two teaspoons of blackstrap molasses (might want to start with the lesser amount if molasses is new to you. My daughter and I love it, but I hear it's shockingly strong to some new initiates). 
  • Stir. 
  • Enjoy. 

As you're sipping from this morning's drink of choice, click on over to The Marketing Mama and read Saturday's guest post, written by my friend Carmen. Absolutely inspiring, and a great way to start your day--to be reminded of the small things we so often take for granted that are really part of this big, amazingly blessed thing we call our lives. 

2 comments:

G Colby April 11, 2011 at 4:54 PM  

sounds like a good coffee alternative...but since I am not a coffee drinker...guess I will just stick with my OJ and water...some days I wish I drank coffee.....

Thomasin April 12, 2011 at 7:04 AM  

It's more of a hot chocolate alternative, but it does look like coffee (fools the mind?)

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP