Monday, August 1, 2011

40 Weeks

Technically this pic is from Saturday, so it's 39 weeks, 5 days. But close enough, right?

So. My estimated due date. Today. Will the baby come? Perhaps. But probably not. It was bizarre that Uli was born on her EDD and I would fall over if that happened again with this baby. Not that I would complain (Come Baby, if you'd like! Mama would be happy!) but I just don't really expect it. It'd be more likely to be tomorrow. Or Weds. Or next Saturday.  Any day but today.

And as difficult as it is to wait, there are some things to be grateful for in all this waiting. I get to revel in the last bits of pregnancy. That's right, revel! I do truly enjoy being pregnant. I haven't had the heartburn or swelling or aches that many other women (including myself, to a point, last pregnancy) have to suffer through.

Justin says it's not a good reason to think about having more babies just because pregnancy is fun for me.  I don't know if I agree with him...

Things that I'll miss about being pregnant:
  • Fast-growing nails
  • Healthy hair
  • Clear skin
  • No joint aches (I've been enjoying the Relaxin experience lately. Very bendy and happy and fewer aches than when I'm not pregnant!)
  • Constant company (Hello, little one! I  sure can feel you in there, be-boppin' around!)
  • A tight belly (True, it's also a giganto belly, but tight is tight, and I'm enjoying wearing form-fitting shirts and even showing my belly off in a swimsuit and not feeling self-conscious about squishy abs.)
  • A reason to read as many birthy-ish blogs and books as I want (love birth! So fascinating.)
As much as I enjoy pregnancy, I am ready to meet this little one. So I'm not hoping I go until 42 weeks or anything. But I guess that if I were to be pregnant for 42 weeks, this is the type of pregnancy to have... (But don't get any ideas, okay, Baby? We're ready now!)

3 comments:

Jamie August 1, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

40!! AHHHH! :)

Carmen August 1, 2011 at 2:56 PM  

you look gorgeous!! pregnancy is def flattering on you! :-)

Krissie D August 2, 2011 at 11:32 PM  

You look beautiful! Gives me baby fever - yikes! :-) I love that you love being pregnant - so many women complain - but what a wonderful joyous time to enjoy!!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP