Friday, April 6, 2012

The Very Hungry Ilse

Introducing that first taste of solid food is a milestone for which I believe the camera was specifically invented.


Curious

Wow. Unexpected!

Not so sure this is a good thing.

OK. One more try.

Well, well. There may be something to this "solid food" thing!
 We've barreled through several new tastes since turning 7 months, starting with the apple sauce captured above, moving on to an extremely successful mixture of beans and apples and breastmilk, and then to banana/avocado/breastmilk and now to carrots and coconut oil.

I've felt empowered this time around, making our own baby foods at home. I know exactly what is going into Ilse's tummy, and I know that it's tasty (because, of course, I taste test it all!). Thanks to Tara of  BebeMeals and her class at Whole Foods for giving me the gumption to take this baby food making business into my own hands. So much nicer (and less expensive) than buying jarred food. And extremely fast. I don't know what I was sweating about, thinking I'd be laboring for hours in the kitchen. Wrong. (Sorry, Uli.  I didn't know better back then.)

2 comments:

Lauren Wayne April 6, 2012 at 12:38 PM  

I love those faces! We've got an avid eater this second time around. We can barely keep up with how much he wants. :) Glad Ilse's enjoying your creations!

G Colby April 6, 2012 at 3:08 PM  

awesome! I had such fun making baby food when monkey was little. And she eats so many more fruits and veggies now than her friends I think because she always get those and all there was the fruit/veggie and maybe some breastmilk or water to help smooth it out and what ever other seasoning I added. And it is so easy once you get going :)

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP