Mental purging, people, mental.
I've been thinking. I eat like crap. Seriously. I make some good homemade meals, and my husband does his best to cook interesting meals day in and day out (whilst also managing our household and caring very sweetly for our two girls), but overall what I bring to work for lunches is too often too much of the bad stuff and too little of the good. I came to this conclusion after looking at today's lunch and realizing it was awesome and how usually I don't eat as well.
Today's food so far:
Breakfast (no awards here)
- Coffee with del-ISH creamer someone shared with me (ok, so this one is kinda bad)
- Small piece of almond kringle someone set-out in the breakroom (props for the "small"?)
- Coffee with milk (hurray! No sugar or weird transfats! but... two cups of coffee isn't my finest hour)
- Hard-boiled egg
- Steamed broccoli
- Two clementines (though, technically they aren't part of lunch. I'm saving them for a snack)
So this all leads me to think I should start talking/writing more about what I eat. Because public shame is a motivator for me. If I know I "have" to share what I'm eating I'm more likely to stick to a healthier diet. It's just a thought, but I think it'd be good for me.
- I cannot believe Christmas is THIS WEEKEND. I need to get my Christmas Eve Eve menu finalized and get to the grocery store!!
- I hurt my back this weekend. I reached for and lifted a kitchen sponge off the back of the sink and nearly passed out from the spasm of pain (didn't lift with my knees?). Justin says it's because my core is weak. But apparently, to strengthen my core, I need to, like, exercise. And, get this, all the work I've put in moving my fork to my mouth doesn't even count. Bummer, man.
- I wish lunch breaks were longer. And took place on the beach. In Mexico.