Thursday, June 30, 2011

Strawberry Mint Nettle Raspberry Leaf Tea

A long, long time ago (I may or may not have been wearing my hair in two buns) I'd posted a recipe on my old blog for strawberry basil tea a la Martha. This past weekend I re-invented the tea using my farmer's market scores. I introduce to you, a pregnant woman's delight:




Strawberry Mint Nettle Raspberry Leaf Tea
[the title needs some work]

Ingredients:
-dried raspberry leaf
-fresh mint leaves
-fresh nettle leaves
-black tea
-strawberries

Bring four cups of water to a boil in a saucepan. Remove from heat source. Add black tea (I used two bags of a Hawaiian blend my in-laws had brought me) and enough raspberry leaves for two cups (I put my loose leaf tea into silver tea thingies); steep for 5 mins. Remove steeped leaves. Add mint and nettle leaves and pour over sliced strawberries. Allow to cool. Refrigerate until chilled.
Pour yourself a glass of refreshing tea (how much/little of the mint, nettle and strawberries to allow into your glass is personal preference. For myself, I just poured all into my glass and used a spoon to eat what I couldn't drink (the mint and nettle leaves were poached and very tasty! And of course strawberries are delicious).



I like making tea! I'm thinking that next I may try homemade chai.

2 comments:

Anonymous June 30, 2011 at 7:19 PM  

Maybe not an tea, but you should try strawberries and basil - my new summer favorit!

Thomasin July 4, 2011 at 5:29 PM  

I like strawberries and basil as well! And strawberries and mint. And strawberries plain. And strawberries and ice cream... ;-)

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP