Saturday, November 6, 2010

CSA Windfall

A lovely friend of mine was out of town this weekend and unable to pick-up her last scheduled CSA delivery. She graciously offered my family the veggies.

Who could turn down an offer like that? I meandered on down to to the farmer's market and picked-up her scheduled share of this week's harvest.


Brussels Sprouts

Kale & Bok Choy & other mystery [to me] greens

Broccoli & Cauliflower 

Turnips, Beets & Sweet Potatoes

Carrots

Catnip  Salad Mix


There was also some lovely butternut squash, which made two wonderful soups for our dinner.

If you haven't participated in a CSA before, perhaps I can convince you to check your local farms/availability and to sign-up next spring? You won't regret it! But note that many CSAs sell out all their shares by April or May, so don't forget to research/apply prior to the actual harvesting season. I tell you, the fresh produce from a CSA beats grocery store veggies every time.

A very big thank you to my friend for sharing the veggies with us. You're awesome, M!



0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP