Monday, February 22, 2010

Memory-Lane: 11-06-1992

My writer's block continues. As I wallow about in self pity, scribble notes on little pieces of paper, compile long lists of what I intend to write about someday, and ask myself why I can't suffer from a more interesting malady, please enjoy (or pretend to enjoy, please!) this list from my pre-Propson days.  


It first saw the light of day nearly 20 years ago. I have very little doubt it was crafted immediately after I'd finished one of L.M. Montgomery's novels.  



My First House
(for myself & a girlfriend or a husband)

A White Cottage  (similar to that one on 5th St, Silverton, OR)
  • 2 stories
  • attic
  • front gate
  • front porch
  • 2-4 bedrooms
  • kitchen
  • living room
  • laundry
  • 2 bathrooms
  • study
  • double locks
  • door chains
  • balcony
  • garden (with flowers!)
  • optional: basement/celler [sic]
  • optional: woodburning stove/fireplace

 Nice Furniture
  • window seat
  • many bookshelves
  • wallpaper or light paint with stencils
  • ceiling lights and fans
  • gas appliances
  • lots of windows
  • rolltop desk
  • piano
  • good stereo
  • dinette set
  • coffe table
  • old trunks
  • nice beds
  • tea set/dishes
  • white wicker
  • gazebo
  • slipcovers
  • many throw pillows
  • nice photo books
  • statues
  • prints
  • clocks
  • candles/lanterns
  • automan [sic]
  • comfy chairs
  • sheets and quilts
  • classic books
  • lace
  • optional: skylights

 Color Scheme
  • whites/creams
  • greens
  • yellows
  • blues
  • peaches
  • gray (a touch)

 Me
  • skirts
  • catalogouges [sic]
  • drawing
  • cooking
  • reading
  • writing
  • sewing
  • old fashioned

 Animals
  • 1-3 cats
  • maybe a dog (medium sized)


Apparently I wanted to live in a  cute little cottage with a kitchen and bedrooms (how innovative of me!) in a dangerous neighborhood (chains and dead bolts/double locks?).


As for the skirts, pastels, throw pillows, and lace: I read this aloud to Justin. He said, "So, when you were a little girl you wanted to grow up to be a little old lady?"


I giggled at his comment, but the more I think about it... Yes. I do hope to grow up to be a little old lady.


But maybe I'll skip the white wicker furniture.

1 comments:

Momma February 22, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

I enjoyed your list very much. Some of it has come to pass--plus!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP