Wednesday, August 29, 2012

in which i remind you maple syrup is delicious

my sweet Uli / summer 2012

I've mentioned my need for a Facebook fast, and I'm gearing up to begin my break this weekend. I'm planning to avoid the timesuck for a month and then reevaluate. I'll still have some presence because my blog posts are currently set-up to automatically add to my timeline, and I may get around to downloading more pictures (a chore I've been putting off, but one which really should be done, as it's my only photo backup system at the moment and I don't want to lose everything again should another computer meltdown occur [knock on wood]).

What will I do with my time this next month? I'm hoping to begin a larger writing project, update my Google Reader, plan preschool projects for Uli, rearrange the girls' room, read, read, read (old fashioned book-holding, paper-flipping style), climb Mt Everest, knit a sweater, alphabetize the spices. You know, the normal stuff.

I'll also occasionally indulge in my newest and most delicious vice:  coffee & milk with swirl of maple syrup as a sweetener. Wait, you say. Shouldn't you be cutting out all refined sugars and getting back to your pre-baby weight already? Of course. And you should probably floss more. But let's both just relax enjoy our summers, m'kay?

I learned about the fabulousness that is maple syrup in coffee from one of the natural foodie FB groups, which is why it came to mind just now. Also, because it's what I'm drinking this morning. Mmmm. So, okay, not everything about the social media is evil (well, kinda bad for me, but not enraging). Nevertheless, a fast it is. I'll exist on coffee with boiled tree sap and Blogger. Perhaps you'll join me?

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP